I’m a spring chicken!

Friday 4th April | 6 comments
0

Phew what another busy half term! The children are all now definitely chicken experts!! It was lovely to see so many of you at our ‘Chicken event’ – we hope you all enjoyed it.

In literacy we have worked hard to put the finishing touches to our books. The children added their contents page, index and glossary and are all very proud of their finished books. We hope you enjoy reading them at home.

In numeracy the children have been using all their maths skills to solve problems using doubling, sharing, halving and number bonds. They also played an Easter treasure hunt game where they had to solve problems to move around a board – the winners got a mini egg! We have also been learning about repeating patterns and the children created patterns on an egg.

Our new school website has been launched and we have our own Year 1 blog –  www.farsleyfarfield.org.uk Please have a look and you are all welcome to add comments on our postings; the children will enjoy reading your comments and you can help them to add a comment.  In ICT the children have been looking at the new website and learning about e-safety. We have an e-safety page on our blog – just click on the cloud at the top of our page to find out more.

We have heard all the children read individually and are pleased with everyone’s progress. We have updated their book allocation on Bug Club.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter holiday.
The 1GJ Team

6 responses to “I’m a spring chicken!”

1. choudrh02 says:

Well done ks1

2. Elliot's sister says:

Looks like you had a lot of fun. I hope you enjoyed it.

3. Elliot says:

We had a wonderful time.

4. Chloe A-C says:

I loved the chicken show, and I cannot believe how much the children know about chickens! Thank you for this superb end-of-term treat for the families, and for all the hard work you do x

5. sara glover says:

What beautiful work. It was so much fun , and very informative!xx

6. Khadijah says:

Your show was interesting, I loved watching it.