Le Tour De Farsley!!

Sunday 8th June | 16 comments
0

Dear Parents and Carers.

We had a fantastic end to our french themed week in Year 1. Well done to all the cyclists and scooterists in Year 1 who really impressed all the staff with their abilities – maybe we have a future Bradley Wiggins or Chris Froome at Farfield! We were also really lucky to be joined by Mrs Fensome on Friday. Lydia is an ex teacher from Farfield and she wowed us all with her Penny Farthing riding! She also brought a children sized penny with her and some of the children were excited to have a go. An exciting end to a tres bien week!

The Year 1 team.

16 responses to “Le Tour De Farsley!!”

1. Peter Harris says:

This looks like a tremendous day – you were lucky with the weather! It is fantastic to see Mrs Fensome back at Farfield again – she was a brilliant teacher here over 5 decades!

2. Nicole (Katie's Mum) says:

I think that Katie was inspired by the day because she learned to ride her bike properly on Saturday with no stabilisers!

She was impressed with the ‘Penny’ in particular and on Friday night she was tres fatigué!

3. Friday was an amazing day for the children Dylan is now riding his bike on his own no stabilisers at all

4. Kerry (Graces mum) says:

Wow! I remember Mrs Fensome bringing the penny farthing into school when I was at Farfield so it’s great that Grace has experiences this too thank you!

5. sara glover says:

Ivy really enjoyed this day, and her confidence on her bike was greatly improved. Well done year one!

6. Kate (Charlie's mum) says:

Charlie was looking forward to Friday all week and had a fantastic time! She told us all about the activities and Mrs Fensome’s visit. Thank you for creating such exciting adventures for the children!

7. Lydia Fensome says:

I had a very enjoyable afternoon and was impressed by the way the children listened and by some of the questions they asked.

8. Miss Renton (Rhys mum) says:

What a great day. There was great excitement in the playground on Friday morning and it looks like you had fun all day. Rhys felt really brave climbing up high onto the penny farthing. He was shocked I had not been on one and I’m 35! Great memories for you all.

9. Zoe Briggs (Ruby's mum) says:

My daughter had a great day and told us all about the Penny Farthing. She drew us a picture of one at home – it looked very realistic. All the children looked like they had lots of fun and the weather was perfect for it too. félicitations! to all the children in Year 1 for a successful French/Tour de Farsley week!

10. Sarah H says:

Heather had a fantastic time on Friday and was very excited to come home and tell us all about it. She slept really well that night too!

11. Tracy(Lucas's mum) says:

Lucas had a lovely day he told his sister about mrs fensome coming in as she had her when she was at farfield he was also excited about getting first place in the race thanks to all the staff.

12. shelleydaniels1 says:

Thank you all for your comments, we had a lovely day and it was fantastic to see the children growing in confidence as the day wore on.

13. Elliot says:

I loved the hills.

14. Elliot says:

I loved the bike track.

15. jasroop says:

I like riding my scooter it was very fun I liked the activity

16. jasroop says:

I like riding my scooter