Cool Castles in 1GJ

Wednesday 2nd July | 13 comments
0

1GJ have made wonderful model castles this week. First the children looked at the materials available and drew a design. They thought about how to shape, join and decorate their models. The children practised existing skills and learnt new techniques. Sometimes there were challenges including tape that would not hold boxes together and turrets that fell off. The children were encouraged to persevere and choose alternative methods if required. The classroom got very messy but with the kind help of some parents all the castles are finished and 1GJ’s room is clean and tidy again!

The class were ‘great learners’ and worked hard to ‘be the best you can be’.  Well done 1GJ – your model castles are fabulous.

The models will be on display at the medieval banquet and the children can take them home afterwards – remember to bring a large bag if it is raining!

13 responses to “Cool Castles in 1GJ”

1. Karan (Manroop's mum) says:

Well done 1GJ! Great castle making fun! Can’t wait to see them all next week!

2. Amanda says:

Fantastic castles 1GJ! I had a great time helping you make them on Monday morning and you all worked really hard, well done!

• racheljames says:

Thank you to you and the other parents who helped to make the project a huge success. I’m pleased that you enjoyed coming into school.

3. Sam shepherd says:

I’m looking forward to seeing them on Monday, and I hear there is pottage! Delicious.

4. Nahed (Umayyahs mum) says:

Wow it looks like there’s been a lot of hard work gone into making these magnificent castles. Well done 1GJ.

5. Zoe (Ruby's mum) says:

Wow. Great work 1GJ! You have all worked really hard and made some fantastic castles with lots of lovely detail. Im looking forward to seeing them all close up on Monday at the banquet. Well done.

6. Chloe A-C says:

1GJ your castles are fantastic. It looks like you all enjoyed making them. I can’t wait for Monday!

7. Lisa Mason says:

Wow, I’d like to live in a castle like that! Looks like you’ve all been working very hard! Well done.

8. Sarah (Heather's Mum) says:

What fantastic castles 1GJ! It was lovely being able to come in two times to help you make them. You were all so well behaved and worked really hard at what you were doing.

9. Class 1GJ says:

Thank you for putting a comment on our blog. We enjoyed making our castles. We are all looking forward to entertaining you at our medieval banquet.

10. jasroop says:

I loved making my castle it was fun and messey

11. janefisher says:

Your castles look amazing! Thank you also for coming to play 2F’s Arcade Games. I have really enjoyed spending some time with you all this week. From Mrs Fisher 🙂

12. Nina says:

They are all lovely. We have all worked really hard haven’t we?