Another fun and busy week in Year 1

Friday 4th July | 7 comments
0

The children have all been very busy designing and creating a castle. They have learnt many new design and technology skills. All the castles are unique and will be on display at our banquet on Monday. Please see separate post for photographs of their amazing castles.

In literacy we have been learning about writing invitations. The children then wrote an invite in their very best handwriting – we hope you have received it! See if your child can remember what RSVP means? We are looking forward to entertaining you all at our medieval banquet on Monday afternoon. Has your child got their outfit planned? Please hang them on their pegs on Monday morning.

We have revisited halving shapes and numbers in numeracy. Some children are now very confident at halving and were extended to find quarters of numbers. You may find that they cut their food up into halves and quarters at mealtimes!

On Thursday afternoon everyone visited their new classrooms – they all settled well and enjoyed their time getting to know Mrs Fisher and Miss Hutchinson. If you have any concerns or questions about the transition to Year 2 please just ask a member of the Year1 team.

Have a lovely weekend. Hope the sun shines for the Grand Depart of the Tour de France.
The Year 1 Team

7 responses to “Another fun and busy week in Year 1”

1. Nina says:

I went to see le tour de france .Did any of you go? Ovwa!

• alexgalbraith says:

I went to see the Tour de France. I camped in Masham with my family and we had a great time. Did you enjoy it Nina?

• Zoe (Ruby's mum) says:

Ruby went to see the Tour de France with her daddy. She had to wait a long time to see the riders but it was worth the wait. She got a free hat and bag of sweets!

2. Macey says:

We watched the race on television I saw skipton castle. It was a long race and lots of people were on the streets. Funny pictures of sheep on bikes. I even saw some real yellow sheep in a field xxx

3. Amanda O'Donnell says:

Ben enjoyed his visit to his new classroom and is looking forward to being in 2F. He liked the ukuleles best!

4. Khadijah says:

I really like your picture of the knights,kings and queens