Year 1 travel back in time to 1953…

Monday 17th November | 18 comments
0

This afternoon Year 1 travelled back in time to the 2nd June 1953.  We witnessed the Queen’s coronation in all its glory.  The Queen arrived in her golden state coach. Then during the royal occasion we saw the Queen receive a sword, orb, sceptres, bracelets and of course the magnificent crown.   After she had waved her farewells from the balcony Year 1 celebrated with a street party. The rain even added to the authenticity! A fantastic day had by all!

18 responses to “Year 1 travel back in time to 1953…”

1. alexgalbraith says:

This looks fantastic! I can’t believe that the Queen came to Farsley Farfield. Did you all enjoy the Coronation and street party?

2. Laura W says:

I had a brilliant day, the best thing of all was holding the queens dress.

3. George H says:

I had a fantastic day for the Queen’s coronation. The Queen was a nice Queen I really liked her.

4. Adele Bowden says:

Sally had a brilliant day her favourite part was the coronation.

5. Elsa says:

I really enjoyed the coronation and especially the food afterwards.

6. lilycurteis says:

Wow this looks fantastic Year One! You looked like you were having lots of fun when I walked through the hall today. Miss Curteis

7. Alison T says:

Wow, it looks like you had lots of fun. Joseph came home and told the family all about it. Thank you

8. Srihan's Mum says:

Srihan said he had a lovely time at the coronation. He also said the best part of all was the scrumptious food!

9. Harry's mum says:

Harry really enjoyed the Coronation. It looked lots of fun! What an exciting way to learn about history.

10. Daniel's mum says:

Daniel said that he met the Queen today and when he was satisfied enough that his siblings believed him he said it was really Mrs James :-). He had a great day and said meeting the Queen was his favourite part.

11. Saad's mum says:

Oh Wow! The children had a fantastic day meeting the Queen and partying after.

12. daisy's mum says:

Wow, looked such good fun.

13. Sophie says:

The queen had a beautiful dress! I really liked the coronation day it was lots of fun!

14. svana says:

The best part was when we all gathered to watch the queen arrive in her carriage. I also enjoyed eating the food. I learnt that the queen enjoys horse riding.

15. Amanda says:

Looks like lots of fun! Corday’s favourite part was making the flags and eating the party food!! Hehe! He had a fab time.

16. Maisy says:

Mrs James looked lovely dressed up as the queen. I liked it when the queen came in her golden carriage. My favourite part was when when I held the golden cloak and the party.

17. Maya says:

Mrs James wore a lovely dress and my favourite part was the street party. I also liked the yummy chocolate buns. They were so delicious. I liked the gorgeous crown.

18. pareen says:

pareen had a really fantastic time at the coronation…thank u..