Christmas countdown!

Friday 12th December | 5 comments
0

It’s been another busy week in Year 1. In literacy the children have continued learning about the story of Cinderella. This week we have focussed on the scene where the fairy godmother helps her get ready for the ball. We looked at a few versions and the children spent time discussing them with their talking partner to see which they preferred and why. The children then wrote about the scene using the adjectives they thought of last week. We have also been playing high frequency word games and practised our handwriting and spelling tricky words.

In maths we have been practising counting in 2s, 5s and 10s and looked at patterns on the 100 square. We also practised our number bonds to 10 and 20. Is your child getting quick at recalling them at home?

We have been busy using our art skills to create some lovely things which will be coming home next week! Can you guess what they have made?

It was lovely to see so many parents at our ‘sharing session’ today. It is amazing how much the children have learnt in their first term in Year 1 and they are all very proud of their books.

Have a lovely weekend and we will see you all next week at our Christmas production. The Year 1 Team

5 responses to “Christmas countdown!”

1. Umayr's mum says:

It was lovely to see all the hard work and effort put in this term. Umayr has done some fantastic work.
    Thank you to all the teachers and classroom assistants.

2. Katie NW says:

My daddy loved looking at my work. It made me feel very proud. I am looking forward to the nativity and the Christmas Disco. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

3. Kate park says:

Wonderful morning, great to see the children taking pride in their work. The teachers and LSA’s have done a fantastic job. Thank you.

4. Jenny Scott says:

Wow Year One, you have produced so much work in just one term! Harry loved showing me what he had done and the photographs and picutres really helped to bring the work to life – Many thanks for all your hard work.

5. lewis' mum says:

I really enjoyed coming to look at lewis’ work last week.