A ‘real artist’ in Year 1!

Friday 23rd January | 23 comments
0

What an amazing day we have had in Year 1. Kate Park (Finlay’s Mum) taught us how to create our unique pieces of glass art work. First the children drew a design and then carefully, using tweezers, they placed the different types of glass onto their work. Can they remember what all the types looked like? Stringers, frits and confetti. Kate has taken the finished pieces home to fire in her kiln. You can watch this over the weekend on Facebook – Twice Fired. For more information look at Kate’s website – www.twicefired.co.uk

We would all like to say a big thank you to Kate – it’s been a brilliant day.

23 responses to “A ‘real artist’ in Year 1!”

1. Katies NW's Mum says:

Katie was so excited about today and the Glass Art. It looks lots of fun and I can’t wait to hear all about it when I get home.
    great work Year 1…well done!!

2. Jenny Scott says:

This looks amazing. Harry really enjoyed today. Looking forward to seeing all your beautiful work Year 1.

THank you Kate!

3. Jacob E's Mum says:

Jacob couldn’t wait to tell me all about how much fun he had making art work out of glass. He has had a great day, thank you.

4. Sarah mum says:

Sarah really enjoyed glass. art work.

5. Daniel's mum says:

Well done Year one and thank you Mrs. Park. The art work looks great and we can’t wait to see the finished pieces. Daniel enjoyed himself and did well to explain what he did to the whole family!

6. Amanda Campbell says:

Corday loved doing this today! Looking forward to seeing the finished results!!
    Thank you Kate!

7. Elsa says:

I really enjoyed the glass art and especially decorating the glass with glitter.
    Thank you Mrs Park.

8. George H says:

Thank you Finlay’s Mum for helping up make the glass art. I loved it today.

9. Katie NW says:

The glass was very sharp and we had to wear goggles. We had a break and then we did glass art again. Kate took them home to put in the oven.

10. Adele Bowden says:

Sally had fun today making the fused glass art. She is very excited for next week to see the finished product

11. Isaac's Mum says:

Thank you Kate…Isaac has had a fab day! 🙂

12. Emma says:

Sophie really enjoyed the art today, we can’t wait to see what the finished pieces look like!

13. Joseph Waite's mum says:

Joseph came bouncing out of school today because he had enjoyed the glass work so much! He knew so many new facts about glass and creating glass art. It’s amazing how doing something creative and hands on leads to incredible retention of information! Fantastic work Year 1 and huge thanks to Mrs Park and the Year 1 tutors for arranging this unique opportunity.

14. jack says:

I loved doing the art with Kate. Thank you Kate.

15. y1team says:

Have you seen Kate’s videos on her Twice Fired Facebook page? The glass has been in the kiln and looks brilliant.

16. Sally says:

I had fun & liked it

17. Kate park says:

Hello year one, thank you so much for being wonderful glass art students. I hope you enjoyed your day, I certainly did. Your glass work looks fantastic, Finlay is helping me get it ready for you. Looking forward to your exhibition. Kate Park

18. Tony Jamieson says:

Lucas says “it was orsum”.

19. Maya says:

I was really excited to do glass work, it was fun, I liked all the different shapes and colours. Thank you Kate

20. Laura says:

I loved making my glass work, it was fun. Thank you to Mrs Park.

21. Laura's mum says:

I can’t wait to see the finished products. Everyone looked to be having a great time. Thanks Kate for all your hard work. The video was great.

22. Alison T says:

Joseph really enjoyed making the glass art. I can’t wait to see it too.

Thank you Kate 🙂

23. Megan (Jacks sister) says:

Wow,Kate you are seriously a good artist.Jack came home and started talking about it he said you are really good.

Well done year1 and well done Kate

Megan