Sculpture spotting and creating with 1S today!

Thursday 12th February | 5 comments
0

Today we had such an exciting visit to Leeds Art Gallery. We were greeted by Henry Moore’s sculpture called ‘Reclining Lady,’ and then we were ready for some sculpture investigator work. First we explored the galleries and were art detectives. The children were inspired and some were very thoughtful.

We found an array of very different sculptures. Ask your child which one was their favourite and why? They were all created from different materials and textures. I liked Anthony Gormley’s sculptures the most. After that we had so much fun creating our own sculptures. The children had to create snow homes that were suitable for 1GJ’s polar animals. Everyone worked as a wonderful team and helped each other to be creative. Some impressive snow homes were created such as snow caravans and huge igloos. What do you think?

It was amazing how creative the children were with cardboard, string, scissors and masking tape. Maybe a new sculpture could be made in your home on a rainy day in the holidays? You never know who could be the next Anthony Gormley waiting to shine! Have fun! A massive thank you to all the parents who helped with the visit today, we really appreciate it.

5 responses to “Sculpture spotting and creating with 1S today!”

1. Katie says:

Jacob P really enjoyed the school trip to the art gallery! He couldn’t wait to tell me all about it when I picked him up.

2. Katie says:

3. Vicky Martin says:

Lauren told me how much she really enjoyed the trip. Fantastic.

4. Sarah mum says:

Sarah had a really good time. Thank you everyone. ☺

5. Laura says:

I liked going to the Leeds Art Gallery, we made a sculpture it was fun!