Books, books and even more books!

Friday 6th March | 12 comments
0

In literacy this week we have continued with our work based on ‘Funnybones’. 1GJ have created their own ‘baddy’ characters. On Monday we read the story ‘Knock, Knock, Who’s there?’ and then they drew someone behind their own door. The next day they wrote a bank of adjectives to describe their baddy. They then planned and wrote a story using their character. 1S have also continued their work on ‘Funnybones’ and are writing a new story.  The children have acted out new scenes and described new skeleton characters. They used so many amazing adjectives and now know what a noun phrase is.

We have been focussing on counting in 2s, 5s and 10s in maths. We used coins to help us practise this skill. We then solved worded money problems using our knowledge of 2s, 5s and 10s.

Click on the number for a song to help you learn to count in 2s, 5s and 10s.

The children are really enjoying our science topic about our bodies. They asked lots of questions last week about our internal organs and how they all work. This week we have been investigating our five senses. The children had to decide which sense they were using – were they tasting the cereal? Did they touch the bells or hear them or see them?

Today we really enjoyed our visits to Farsley Library. We shared a book and discussed our favourite story. We then all chose a book and brought it back to school.

Thank you to everyone who has sent in their reply slips for our ‘Spring chicken’ event on March 31st.

A few more memories from World Book Day…

12 responses to “Books, books and even more books!”

1. peterharris says:

Another fantastic week in Year 1!

2. Katie NW's Mum says:

What fabulous fun you have all had. Your costumes look great and what fun to visit the library. Have fun reading!!!!

3. Katie NW's Dad says:

I love the costumes. Well done Year 1.
    Well done for walking to the library so safely. I hope you enjoyed choosing from all the books.

4. Mayas mum says:

It looks like so much fun, everyones costumes look great, and it looks like you all had fun choosing a book at the library, well done year 1!

5. Isaac's Mum says:

Isaac really enjoyed his visit to the library and requests to go this weekend 🙂

6. pareen ' mum says:

I hope you all had fantastic time at farsley library….

7. Jenny Scott says:

Wow year one you have had a busy week. I really enjoyed coming with you to the library. What a lot of different books you chose – happy reading!

8. Claire Kane says:

Wow- look at how much fun you can have learning! Thank you for visiting the Library and telling me about your favourite books, I can use your reviews to inspire other children. Keep reading!

• alexgalbraith says:

Thank you Claire. We all enjoyed our trip to the library. We have had fun reading all the books that we chose.

9. Kaydis mum says:

I liked it when the teachers were dancing and having a pretend fight it was brilliant

10. Karen says:

It looks like you all had a fantastic time. Svana had an amazing day. Well done

11. Gita and Anju's dad says:

I like these costumes and they look fantastic