All About Easter

Monday 30th March | 6 comments
0

Today Year 1 visited St. John’s Church to find out how Christians celebrate Easter. First we used objects to retell the Easter story. After that we made Easter gardens which included the cross and tomb. Next we looked round the church searching for special features. We found the organ, communion table / alter, pulpit, lectern, stained glass windows, pews, font and even two lizards! Rev. Tudge answered our questions about the church building and Easter story. We all enjoyed our visit to the church and would like to thank Rev. Tudge for making us so welcome.

If you are celebrating Holy Week please let us know what you are doing. Have you received a palm cross? What will you do on Good Friday or Easter Sunday? We are interested in religious celebrations and Easter traditions. Do you have an egg rolling competition like Mrs James’ family? We look forward to reading your comments on the blog.

Thank you to all the parents for giving up your time this morning and for helping make our visit possible. We all appreciate it.

6 responses to “All About Easter”

1. Harry P.'s Mum says:

What a lovely morning you’ve had! The Easter gardens you made are very impressive, well done!

2. Kate park says:

Looks like a lovely way to spend a sunny Monday morning. Thanks to the parents that organised/helped on the trip. Kate Park

3. Amanda Campbell says:

Looks like you have had a lovely morning…can’t wait to hear all about it when Corday gets home!

4. Alison Thornton says:

Joseph says:
    “I liked making the Easter garden and hunting for the amazing objects!”
    “I liked it when I could sit down and listen to what Paul said.”

It sounds like he had a brilliant morning, I’m finding it difficult getting Joseph to stop telling me what to type!

Thank you

5. Hannah/Sammi/Daniel's mum says:

We go to church Good Friday morning to have communion. We stay on for soup and bread and then go for a family walk with the rest of the families in church. On Sunday morning we go to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection with singing and Bible readings. A lovely time spent as a church.

6. Zahrah says:

I enjoyed the visit to the church.