Watch out, Big Bad Bertha’s about!

Tuesday 16th June | 9 comments
0

This morning Miss Sedman was quietly discussing setting descriptions with Year One. Suddenly a pirate came bursting into the hall! We found out that Big Bad Bertha went to pirate school and learnt all sorts of pirate skills. Unfortunately, she did not learn how to write stories. Luckily, Year One have agreed to help her with some exciting new setting descriptions.  They are going to teach her how to use interesting adjectives and powerful verbs to create special settings and a pirate story.  We have already made a good start!

9 responses to “Watch out, Big Bad Bertha’s about!”

1. peterharris says:

Big bad Bertha looks like a menace! It is a good job I didn’t see her in school – I would have battled her with my one good arm.

2. alexgalbraith says:

Big Bad Bertha looks very scary – I’m glad I wasn’t in school today!! I hope that you have all helped her learn how to use adjectives and verbs.

3. Adele Bowden says:

Sally thought Big Bad Bertha was fun! She enjoyed drawing and writing adjectives to help Bertha learn how to write a story.

4. George Higgins says:

I loved big bad Bertha because she was a silly sausage!!! I had fun learning to be a pirate. Big Bad Bertha was great fun 🙂

5. Katie NW's Mum says:

I like the look of Big Bad Bertha.

6. Class 1GJ says:

Hello Big Bad Bertha,
    We have been very busy writing our pirate stories. We all tried really hard and used lots of exciting adjectives and conjunctions. We hope that you will come back to our school and read our amazing stories! From 1GJ

7. Big Bad Bertha says:

Fantastic news Year 1. I can’t wait to read all your stories. On Tuesday I learnt a lot about describing settings with adjectives and it will be wonderful to see how you have used them in your stories. Next time I am on holiday from pirate school I will come and read your stories. I have to dash now to go to my crocodile wrestling lesson. Luckily Fluffy my pet crocodile is well trained! From Big Bad Bertha

8. Sophie says:

Hi Big Bad Bertha, I loved it when you was telling your pirate story, you are very funny! I hope you had fun training your pet crocodile Fluffy! I hope I see you again love Sophie :-p

9. George C says:

It was funny when big bad Bertha charged in the hall. I loved helping her it was fun.