A fantastic final full week in Year One!

Friday 17th July | 8 comments
0

It’s been a busy final week in Year 1. In literacy the children had fun creating a movie about moving into Year 2. They used the iPads to film their movies using the ‘Puppet Pals’ app. They have also designed posters advertising Year 2.

We have revisited shape in our maths lessons and the children have done various investigations using 2D and 3D shapes. Using a ruler and scissors they were challenged to see how many triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons and hexagons they could make. They also had fun making 3D shapes using cocktail sticks and marshmallows!

In geography they have written postcards from around the world. Some children did this on the laptops and others wrote them using a postcard template. Maybe your child could write and send a postcard from their holidays to go on a new display that will be going on the board outside 2C’s classroom.

Sports day was good fun. Well done to Ireland, the winning team. All of the children participated very well and had lots of fun – well done to all of our sporting athletes!

On Friday we participated in performance poetry and learnt a poem all about sports day – can your child remember it?

We also had a final look at the farm and 1S were lucky enough to sample a very tasty treat.

The children’s current Literacy and Maths books will go with them into Year 2 so they can show off their most recent work to their new teachers. They will come home soon!

Enjoy the weekend and see you next week for our last 2 days together!

The Year 1 team

8 responses to “A fantastic final full week in Year One!”

1. Katies NW's Mum says:

Many thanks to all the staff in year 1 for their hard work and commitment this year. Katie has thoroughly enjoyed year 1 and when asked what the best bit was, she said “the teachers”. Great work ladies. Thanks again

2. Amanda says:

Thank you for all your hard work and making Corday’s time in year 1 enjoyable! He’s had lots of fun! keep up the good work! X

3. Svana's mum says:

Thank you for all your hard work. Svana’s had a great year. Svana had tremendous fun on sports day especially doing the egg and spoon race.

4. Saad's mum says:

Saad had a fantastic year, his favourite part was learning about dinosaurs. He said he shall miss his teachers. Just like to say thank you for all your hard work and dedication. Sports day was another highlight of the year which we throughly enjoyed.

5. Sarah Semplay says:

Serena enjoyed Sports day because it was fun it was fun watching my mum on the bouncy hopper and my mum and dad came to watch me my mum and dad were happy to see me I was happy when I saw my mum and dad I hugged my mum and dad when I saw then.

6. Corday says:

I had fun on sports day my favourite race was the rugby one. I have really liked year 1 and will miss my teachers.

7. Umayr's mum says:

Huge thanks to the staff. Umayr has thoroughly enjoyed his time in Year 1.

8. Jack richard lenton says:

to Mrs galbraith, Mrs James, Mrs booth

I will miss you

from Jack