First Day Fun in 1GJ

Monday 7th September | 6 comments
0

1GJ have enjoyed their first day in Year 1. They explored their new classroom and made collage bees for the learning hives. The children found out about the ‘Fantastic Five’ challenges. Each week there are five challenges in the areas of provision. This week the ‘Fantastic Five’ are:
* read a story to a bear in the book area
* make a repeating pattern
* draw and write about the class gerbils
* paint a bee in the workshop
* make a beehive in the construction area
Can you spot any children who completed one of the ‘Fantastic Five’challenges? Look what else the children have found to do in their new classroom!

6 responses to “First Day Fun in 1GJ”

1. Mr Harris says:

I liked seeing everyone back at school today. I was pleased to see children practising their writing – are you all holding your pencils correctly?

2. alexgalbraith says:

Well done 1GJ. You all look like you’ve had a fun and busy first day. I’m looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday.

3. Govenor Howard says:

Great to see lots of focused work and creativity. I have to say I am a big fan of the new uniform that my daughter Florence is sporting too.

4. Lindsay W says:

Abigail really enjoyed her first day back, I love the picture of her and her friend reading to the Bears!

5. Emma says:

Owen was very nervous on his first day but came out smiling and skipped in on the 2nd day! Must be having lots of fun!

6. Sarah R says:

Looks like 1GJ are very busy little bees! Oliver has had a wonderful time and has been very keen to tell us about his day.