A Victorian Christmas at Thwaite Mills

Friday 4th December | 4 comments
0

We all had a great time learning about how the Victorians celebrated Christmas. We spent the morning in the kitchen and parlour playing with Victorian toys, making rag rugs and followed instructions to make tasty lemonade . In the afternoon we had fun making Christmas crackers and cards. The children really enjoyed this trip and said “This is the best trip we’ve ever been on!” Thank you to all the adults who came with us – we hope you enjoyed it too.

1GJ having fun at the mills…

1S enjoying the Victorian Christmas…

4 responses to “A Victorian Christmas at Thwaite Mills”

1. Karen Chaudhari (Nathan's Mum) says:

To quote Nathan “this was the best day ever”…He’s had a great day, even though the lemonade was “really sour”!! Have a relaxing weekend everyone 🙂

2. Emma Heywood (Owen's mum) says:

This trip to the mills looks like you had so much fun! I absolutely love my card Owen made and his cracker is on our Christmas tree! Great work!

3. Sheila Singh (Ashwins mum) says:

Wow!!! Lots of fun at the mills……. The children so happy and engaged in variety of activities.. Ashwin loved the trip and would like to go again…

4. Kirsty (Charlie's Mum) says:

It looks like you have had a reallly busy week and learnt lots about Christmas! Charlie was able to tell me what the Christingle meant ( although he had eaten it with his sister Nina!). We have been practising the ‘Strictly’ dance – very challenging for me!

I practised with my mum.