Fun in the woods

Wednesday 15th June | 3 comments
0

We  have had such a great time exploring the beautiful woodland at Blackhills scout camp. The children participated in a range of activities including minibeast hunting, plant spotting and building mini dens for Superworm! We had a lot of fun but the highlight for most children was the treasure hunt where they had to follow a map to find their treasure. Can your child explain why this treasure hunt had an extra twist?

This was our last trip in Year 1 and luckily it didn’t rain until we arrived back at school. Thank you again to the parents who supported us on this trip and a special thanks to Mrs James for all of her hard work and for making the treasure hunt even more exciting – all of the children appreciated it!

3 responses to “Fun in the woods”

1. Sarah Russell says:

Oliver had a great time today. He told us all about the den building and the treasure hunt. Thank you for providing such lovely experience for the children.

2. Amanda says:

I had a fantastic day, my favourite part was the treasure hunt.
    Thank you year 1 for letting me come and join you all on your trip and for making it a fun day out.
    I thought you were all super stars!

3. Sheila Singh (Ashwins mum) says:

Ashwin loved the trip. He enjoyed the treasure hunt and the mini beast hunting. He spotted a bug, 2 worms and a enormous slug. He has been mini beast hunting in the garden too.