Special books

Thursday 13th October | No comments yet
12

In our Religious Education lessons we have been learning about special books and why stories are important. All the children were asked to bring a special book from home to share with their friends. They all enjoyed this part of the lesson and had lots to say about their chosen books…”My mummy reads it to me at bedtime” “I have had this book since I was a baby and I have looked after it” “My book belonged to my daddy and he has given it to me”.

We then discussed different religions and looked at some of their special books including the Bible, the Qur’an, the Torah Scrolls, the Guru Granth Sahib, the Vedas and the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. Many of the children were able to talk about their own personal experiences of looking at these special books at home with their families.

We have also shared two special stories and learnt about morals. We had fun acting out the story of ‘Mohammed and the camel’ from the Qur’an and we also listened to the story of ‘The lost son’ from the bible.