Celebrations

Wednesday 7th December | 2 comments
9

In our RE lessons this half term we have been learning about celebrations and special occasions. The children enjoyed looking at each other’s photographs of them celebrating with their families and friends. We were really impressed with how well many children spoke about special occasions they enjoy and all the details they could remember. The children learnt about many special occasions including Diwali, weddings, birthdays, christenings, Easter, Eid, Holi, Sukkot and harvest. We then looked more closely at the Muslim celebration of Eid. The children learnt about why and how Muslim families celebrate this special occasion.

We finished this unit of work with our trip to St John’s church – where they learnt all about the Christian christingle celebration. Reverend Hannah also explained about the advent candle and some children helped her light them. Thank you very much to all the parents and grandparents who supported us on this visit.

2 responses to “Celebrations”

1. Husna bilal says:

I went to this church with Mrs Hoyle and I met Hannah aswell I loved making the christingles.
    Bilal showed me is glow in the dark light stick in the middle of the orange which represents the world

2. Grace S says:

Well done year 1 making christingles looks very fun