A busy 4 days…

Friday 10th February | 2 comments
8

The highlight of the week was on Wednesday when Year 1 exhibited all their fabulous art work to the public. The children were very proud of their achievements and enjoyed sharing their work with friends and family. Year 1 were inspired by the work of Pacita Abad, Friedensreich Hundertwasser and Kate Park. Thank you to everyone who attended the gallery and for all your kind donations.

In literacy we have been looking at a lovely painting by Bruno Paladin called ‘Gingerbread Island’. We discussed who could live in the house and then did some drama acting out different story lines. We then moved onto writing a story independently. The children tried hard to remember everything they have been taught this year including sentence structure, adjectives and conjunctions. They all worked well and wrote some super stories.

aaaaaIMG_0893

In maths we have gained a further understanding about addition and subtraction and used a tool called the bar model to help with this understanding. Can your child explain what a bar model is and how it helps with addition and subtraction calculations?

Please listen to your child read and practise their phonic skills when possible. Click here for some useful sites to help with learning.

Have a super holiday.

The Year One Team.

2 responses to “A busy 4 days…”

1. Shamim Sadiq (Yaseen's mum) says:

Sounds like you have all been busy working hard Year 1, well done ! The art gallery was fantastic too, there was a lot of amazing work on display.

2. Zoe Webb (Jack Shann's mum) says:

I was so sad I couldn’t come to the art exhibition but was so proud of the glass pendant jack made for me which he has given me for my birthday. Already wearing it and totally love it.