Ahoy there me hearties!

Tuesday 25th July | 3 comments
10

We all had lots of fun during our pirate day. In the morning 1S drew pirates and described them and 1GJ wrote about pirate settings.

The afternoon had a very unusual start – we found a clue which told us about some missing treasure! We followed the clues and went on a very exciting treasure hunt around the school and grounds. We even walked the plank and found a treasure chest full of rewards.

After all that hard work we were ready for our delicious pirate feast.

We have continued with the pirate theme today and have been busy using coordinates to plot objects onto a treasure island and made our own treasure chests. We have also used our addition, subtraction, division and multiplication skills to solve lots of worded pirate problems.

Phew! What an exciting and action packed two days!

3 responses to “Ahoy there me hearties!”

1. Zoe (Jack Shann's mummy) says:

Jack had such fun with pirate day and loved finding his treasure. He wanted to make his own hat as the ones in the shop were “boring” so Jack made his hat special. He’s totally loved and thrived in Yr1 and that down to the amazing teacher he has had. I cannot thank Miss Sedman enough for her hard work and patience. Jack also thinks Mr Durkin is “epic.” Thank you to everyone and I hope you have a lovely break or enjoy your travels. Miss Sedman you will be miss.

2. Ayden's mum says:

Ayden was extremely excited to tell me about the treasure hunt today. He thoroughly enjoyed it and was so proud of his treasure! Thank you to all the staff for organising this amazing event.

3. Ruth Kettle says:

Lj loved the pirate day and ate his gold bar after tea tonight, thanks everyone for making learning fun