Year 1 E-Safety
Welcome to our Year 1 Blog at Farsley Farfield
Children in Year 1 will learn about Internet Safety and will post comments, and their teachers will be administrators.
Children in Year 2 will be given more detailed Internet safety lessons and will then be given their own usernames and passwords, so that they can write their own posts as well as comment. Their teachers will also be administrators.
No posts or comments will be published without an administrator checking it first. However teachers will not correct all the children’s spelling before publishing – it is important that the children are encouraged to edit and improve their own work, rather than rely on teachers to correct it for them.
Our Blogging Guidelines :
- Only use your first name – no surnames
- Keep safe – don’t reveal any personal information.
- Write in good English – including grammar and punctuation.
- Be polite – Don’t post anything that could hurt anyone.
- Always show respect – be positive if you are going comment.
- Make sure you work is your own – don’t copy from other sites – you can link the site in your post, if you think others will find it useful.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Daisy’s Mum” or “Lily’s Grandfather”.
- All posts and comments are checked before they are published.
We will use the ‘Thinkuknow‘ website as part of our Internet safety work. You may find it useful to look at the website with your children and discuss the rules at home too.